Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The only cell phone pic of Venus in transit over the sun!

Cell Phone Picture of Transit of Venus
I may be wrong on this, but as of right now, I am pretty confident that Exotic Hikes just took the first ever cell phone picture of the Transit of Venus over the sun.  We are trying to be humble, and we are aware that the quality isn't superb, but think about this statement for a second:

This event happens every hundred and so years, but during that time, there are 2 events in 8 years. The last time this phenomenon happened it was the late 1870s. No pictures were taken. It did happen in France in 2004, but limited pictures are available. The next time it happens it will be 2117. To say this is rare is an understatement, and we live in a time when I can hold my cell phone up to a spotting scope, snap a picture and post it to a potential crowd of billions.

Today is a great day and I hope you get a chance to see Venus over the sun!

I'm your Venus, you hear me Sun?
Now enjoy an SLR Image!

No comments:

Post a Comment